About the Title

I spent quite some time thinking of a clever-yet-not-cheesy blog title, but it needs an explanation. My home church is Valley Chapel Community Church in Fairfield, Ohio. My parents met there, and I've been going there for my entire life. Valley Chapel is a big part of my life and walk with the Lord.

In Spain, I will be living and teaching in the comarca (sort of like a county) Conca de Barbera. Also, the school district where I'll be teaching is called the ZER Conca. Conca is Catalan for the Spanish word cuenca, which means basin.

Thus, the title "From the Valley to the Basin" was invented. I'm coming from Valley Chapel to the Spanish Conca--or Basin.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Today's the day!

Lord willing, I will be in Spain by this time tomorrow.

My flight is still active and on time, and in about two hours or so, we leave for the airport. There is a travel advisory for Philadelphia (East Coast flooding), but it seems as if the flight will still go as scheduled. We shall see! :-)

Laura and the principal of the school are going to meet me at the train station in Tarragona. I'll take a train out of the Barcelona airport, take a train to Tarragona (about an hour or so away), meet my party, and then head to Montblanc with them. If nothing's changed, I'll be staying with one of the other teachers and her husband for a few days until we get the housing finalized. They found a really nice flat that's new and only rented to doctors and teachers, and I'll probably be staying there by myself. More details on that later!

These last few "extra" days have been nice, but I'm definitely READY TO GO! :-)

Until Spain,

Sarah :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment