About the Title

I spent quite some time thinking of a clever-yet-not-cheesy blog title, but it needs an explanation. My home church is Valley Chapel Community Church in Fairfield, Ohio. My parents met there, and I've been going there for my entire life. Valley Chapel is a big part of my life and walk with the Lord.

In Spain, I will be living and teaching in the comarca (sort of like a county) Conca de Barbera. Also, the school district where I'll be teaching is called the ZER Conca. Conca is Catalan for the Spanish word cuenca, which means basin.

Thus, the title "From the Valley to the Basin" was invented. I'm coming from Valley Chapel to the Spanish Conca--or Basin.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Holiday Update on Sarah--from the Sister in The US :-)

Hello all! Several people have mentioned to me that they haven't seen any posts from Sarah in awhile, so I thought I'd take it upon myself to update her blog for her. :-) She will probably post in a couple of days...I hope! Her family is also impatient for an update from her. :-)

Sarah has been doing well, just very busy, she spent the majority of her Christmas break traveling to some of the major cities in Spain. She spent Christmas Day with a teacher friend and called home for about 30 minutes. She continues having an amazing time there and I know she loves getting emails, cards and packages from home. They really make her day. :-) I know many of you don't do facebook, so I thought I'd give you her status updates from that last couple of weeks, it will give you some idea of what she's been up to. :-)

December 15
"received THREE Christmas cards in the mail today! :-)"

December 19
"What's better than singing Christmas songs? Singing them in church with fellow believers. What's better than that? Singing them in Spanish with fellow believers! :-)"

December 22
"Package from home + a successful and adorable Christmas program at school + observing Catalan and Spanish traditions + free junk food + Christmas dinner with most of the teachers + several presents + being with some of the best people in the world + trying snails without gagging + laughing + having an amazing God + Christmas decorations from a sweet and caring landlady...equals one of the best days EVER. :-)"

December 24
"In MY part of the world, it's already Christmas! Bwahaha! :-) Merry Christmas, everyone. Be sure to enjoy it, make it count for eternity, and above all...don't squander it on Facebook! :-D"

December 26

"is in Madrid and saw the Prado!"


December 27

"It's official: Toledo, Spain is WAY cooler than Toledo, OH. :-)"


December 31
"had a great time exploring Madrid, Toledo, and Segovia! I've also decided that I'm going to live in a castle when I grow up (but one with central heating). My big sister is going to live in a palace, so then I can visit it (uh...I mean, HER, of course!) whenever I want. The End. :-) Happy New Year, Facebook Friends!"
"Oh, and I officially declare 2010 to be the Year of Engagements, Marriages, and Babies. I've never had so many friends experience one or more of those three life changes in one year! I think I'm getting old...:-)"

Those are just a few of the highlights from her part of the world. Hope you enjoy the snippets and I know she'll be posting details of her trips and her Christmas soon! I believe her plans for tomorrow and Tuesday were still sketchy last we heard and the 5th and 6th she will be spending with teachers, I believe one of those days are a major holiday in Spain, she's really looking forward to it. Too bad I can't remember what day it is though! :-)

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year!

~Amanda~

No comments:

Post a Comment